latest news

NEWS
February 14, 2017

Top public figures and campaigners urge Theresa May to save ‘Dubs’ scheme

Over 200 leading public figures are calling on Theresa May not to end the Dubs scheme for vulnerable child refugees in Europe. In an open letter, Carey Mulligan, Gary Lineker, ...

READ
NEWS
February 10, 2017

Daughter of Sir Nicholas Winton makes direct appeal to Prime Minister not to close Dubs scheme

Barbara Winton, the daughter of Sir Nicholas Winton, who rescued 669 children from Nazi-occupied Europe as part of the Kindertransport programme, has written an open letter to the Prime Minister, ...

READ
NEWS
January 28, 2017

Holocaust Memorial Day

On Holocaust Memorial Day, Friday 27 January, children helped by Safe Passage attended a ceremony in Parliament to rededicate the Kindertransport plaque. Sami, one of the children in attendance, said: ...

READ
NEWS
January 20, 2017

Faith leaders call for action on vulnerable refugee children in Greece and Italy

To date, not one unaccompanied child has been transferred from Greece or Italy under the provisions made for the most vulnerable refugee children in Europe by the Dubs amendment. As ...

READ
NEWS
January 18, 2017

Urgent appeal for children in Dunkirk camp

There are still refugee camps in France, in those camps, young children are living alone, vulnerable and at risk of exploitation. We are working in partnership with the British Red ...

READ
NEWS
January 9, 2017

Guardian and Observer readers raise over £500,000 for Safe Passage

The Guardian and Observer Christmas appeal closed yesterday having reached an astonishing £1,75million for child refugees. The funds raised will be shared by three charities working with child refugees: Help ...

READ
NEWS
December 18, 2016

Guardian appeal reaches £500,000 for child refugees

On Friday, the Guardian and Observer Christmas Appeal reached £500,000 for child refugees. Safe Passage is one of the charities who will benefit from the donations. Neil Jameson, the executive ...

READ
NEWS
December 9, 2016

Safe Passage chosen for Guardian and Observer Christmas charity appeal

We are delighted that Citizens UK’s Safe Passage programme has been chosen by the Guardian and Observer for their Christmas charity appeal. In recognition of the mountains we have moved ...

READ

latest press releases

PRESS
February 8, 2017

Government closure of “Dubs” transfer scheme for refugee children met with dismay

Lord Dubs and key charities have responded with dismay to the announcement today that the Government will end the “Dubs” scheme for transferring vulnerable refugee children to Britain. In a ...

READ
PRESS
February 3, 2017

Response to Anti-Slavery Commissioner’s statement on child refugees

Responding to the statement from the Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner on child refugees Rt Reverend Jonathan Clark, Bishop of Croydon, said:  “We agree with the Anti-Slavery Commissioner that far more needs ...

READ
PRESS
January 27, 2017

Chief Rabbi and Archbishop of Canterbury to mark Holocaust Memorial Day with Lord Dubs at rededication of Kindertransport plaque in Parliament

20 years ago the Committee of the Reunion of the Kindertransport donated a plaque to Parliament commemorating Britain’s act of generosity to Jewish children in Nazi-occupied Europe. On Holocaust Memorial Day [27 January ...

READ
PRESS
November 19, 2016

Calais refugee children frustrated as they wait for information on UK transfers

Safe Passage, a programme of Citizens UK, have today revealed that refugee children in France, previously registered in Calais and now living in CAOs (reception centres), are not being given ...

READ
PRESS
November 16, 2016

“Betraying the letter and spirit of Dubs”: charities criticise Home Office for ban on teenage refugee transfers

  Charities have today accused the Home Office of breaking its promises to vulnerable children by issuing guidance which bars most unaccompanied minors over the age of 12 from being ...

READ
PRESS
November 6, 2016

Citizens UK to stage mass action outside Lunar House after transfer of Calais children cancelled

  On Sunday at 2pm Citizens UK volunteers, community and faith leaders will stage an action outside the Home Office’s Lunar House in Croydon calling for transfers of unaccompanied minors from ...

READ
PRESS
November 4, 2016

Health leaders unite in pledge to protect child refugees

In a letter published today in the Daily Telegraph, health and medical professionals have branded the Government’s response to the refugee crisis ‘shameful,’ coming together to call for a show ...

READ
PRESS
October 31, 2016

Faith leaders encourage Home Secretary to resume transfers of children from Calais

Nearly 200 faith leaders, as well as Lord Alf Dubs, have today called on Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, to resume transfers of children from the Calais camps to the ...

READ

About Us

About Us

Safe Passage exists to help unaccompanied child refugees and vulnerable adults find safe, legal routes to sanctuary. We have reunited unaccompanied asylum seeking children from France, Greece, Italy, Germany, Belgium, ...

FIND OUT MORE

Achievements

Achievements

As an organisation committed to helping vulnerable refugees, every time we help to reunite a child refugee or vulnerable adult with their loved ones in the UK is an achievement. ...

FIND OUT MORE

Donate

Donate

The more money we raise, the more vulnerable refugees we can help. We need your support to: • Build safe legal routes for people seeking asylum • Identify unaccompanied minors ...

FIND OUT MORE

OUR PARTNERS

STAY UP TO DATE WITH OUR LATEST NEWS